Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > MaxiSys MS906 Shuts down doing updates
MaxiSys MS906 Shuts down doing updates

2167 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2017-08-09 20:09:47

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    Damien Smart
    2017-07-31 08:58:48
     hi guys, my machine shuts down when installing any updates? 
    does anybody have any ideas

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-07-31 13:22:14 (Reply to:Damien Smart)

Maybe you need to add a good quality brand new 32GB micro SD card into the slot to add storage space.Check the card in a PC and make sure it is in FAT32 format.

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2017-08-06 23:35:55 (Reply to:witsend)

Hey Wits, will adding an external SD card help? I remember trying to download apps to my external SD card in my phone and was unable. So what it amounts to is that I wasted my money. The only thing the external SD card was good for was storing documents (after manually moving them there), and photos taken with the camera.
     It would be nice if you could put a couple of the large files on the external card (like BMW, Mercedes, VW) but there is no way to control where they are downloaded to and more importantly, where they are installed is there?
    Kevin

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-08-07 00:46:36 (Reply to:Kevin H)

I was under the impression that recently people were having problems with downloading the BMW update and the scanners were either unable to process them or would crash because the internal drive need more space  to be able to shuttle around stuff and  process everything, properly and that if you install a external micro SD card, BMW was now  going to be put installed on the external micro SD card that afterwards have to leave micro SD card in the slot permanently as  expanded storage. After that, I guess if you want to save file to PC you now have to copy and paste files to a USB thumb drive or a USB card reader if this is now  the case. I initially tried to format 128GB micro SD card in Maxi Sys Pro but it would not work , so After I put a 32 GB micro SD card in my MaxiSys , I suddenly could not access all my car makes and had Authorization Error code One and 45updates to  downloading all the car software all over again.I must have deleted the internal drive software (6 GB of the auto software downloaded )ended up being installed on my external SD card and looking at some files on it , it appeared to be BMW related.

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2017-08-08 22:07:51 (Reply to:witsend)

So are there any Files on your external SD card now? I'm thinking about doing that if it worked for you. If I understand you correctly, when you formatted the external SD card, somehow the internal storage got formatted too and you had to download everything. What should I look for so I don't make that mistake?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-08-09 20:09:47 (Reply to:Kevin H)

If Maxi Sys asks you if you want to format the SD card,  DON'T DO IT. The internal hard drive itself is identified as SD Card which IMHO is Misleading and could lead to disaster if you are not within your update period and erase the Scan File. The SD card you put in the slot is Ext.SD Card.
     The MaxiSysPro supports a 32 GB micro SD card formatted in FAT32. Just check the type of format of the card on your PC .To play it safer  before trying to put micro SD card into slot , You might want to go into settings or File Explorer to select something like mount SD card or just shut unit down completely before trying to put the 32GB micro SD card into the slot. card is tiny and putting card in it is kind of awkward, so I would advise powering it off rather than fumble fingering the micro card and not clicking in positively the 1st attempt while unit is on and cause problems.This thing is cool but acts a little flakey. I took it out of sleep mode yesterday and it showed like 5 green arrows in the bottom tray with a red spot with 45 updates available .I just hit home symbol , closed out the MaxiSys App, swiping App to the side and re opened MaxiSys App and all was fine with no updates showing. I don't know why this occurred,  but I did restore most of the older factory car logos back , so maybe older logos has something to do with it trying to get the newer style Ding Dong door bell button symbols with names back on it, Lol.    
  Total1 Pages